WSET Level 2
Date(s) – 20/03/2021, 27/03/2021, 03/04/2021, 10/04/2021
9:30 am – 13:30 pm
The WSET Level 2 Award Course is suitable for anybody who keen to learn more about wine, extending their knowledge to help them buy and enjoy wine more. The course is also appropriate for those employed in the drinks industry and such is a qualification with full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification. This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to Level 3.
- Wine Tasting : Learn to taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Understand the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wines
- Social Responsibility : A guide to responsible drinking
- Labelling : Discover what labels tell you
- Factors influencing the Style of Wine : Study the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine in the vineyard and winery
- Grape Varieties : Explore the styles of wines produced by international and indigenous grape varieties
- Key Wine-Producing regions of the World: Learn about the main styles of wines from the key wine-producing regions. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Study Materials : Students will receive a course study pack, consisting of the course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world – illustrated with detailed maps & label explanations), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes) and laminated tasting card.
- Duration of course : 4 half days
- Recommended Private Study: 16 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended that the majority of the private study is done in preparation for the course.
- Examination : 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour. A mark of 55% required to pass. Exam date tbc and will be set when rules allow or it can be done remotely with an additional cost.
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
The Level 2 Award Course will run on four half days, over four consecutive week-ends (09:30-13:30) with 16 hours recommended additional private.
The Fee of £250.00 includes
- course book
- study guide
- one tasting kit with an option to buy tasting samples at an extra cost
- A list of recommended wines to buy to accompany the course
- Professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified tutor
- Examination fees (with an extra cost for remote invigilation if required / internationally-recognised certificate
Course Date/Time: 20 March, 27 March, 3 April, 10 April (9:30 am-13:30pm)
Duration: 4 half days
Book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for T&Cs and booking form